Therapy is a collaborative partnership where client and therapist work together to achieve goals and develop coping strategies to overcome challenges. Wherever a client is on their therapeutic journey it is my job to provide a safe and non-judgmental space for them to explore their thoughts, feelings, and challenges.
As a therapist my approach is rooted in empathy, open communication, collaboration, active listening and empowerment. I understand therapy is not a one size fits all approach, so I draw from a wide variety of postmodernist and strength based models to fine tailor my intervention to fit your specific needs and goals. Some of these models include Narrative Therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy, Structural Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Extended Family Therapy and Trauma Systems Therapy.
I believe therapists need to assume multiple roles throughout the therapeutic journey to promote healing, growth, and positive change.
- I am a collaborative listener, someone ready to absorb and consider everything you are saying to truly understand your perspective and thus help establish a meaningful therapeutic relationship.
- I am an investigator, someone who gathers relevant information about your background, current challenges, and goals to help in understanding your unique situation and tailoring the treatment approach accordingly.
- I am a coach, someone who works with you to create actionable plans that outline the steps needed to achieve their goals. These plans can include setting milestones, creating accountability measures, and identifying potential obstacles.
- I am an active facilitator, someone to guide you through the therapeutic process. I am there to support you in exploring your challenges, gaining insights, developing skills and strategies, and harnessing your inner strength to achieve your therapeutic goals.
My Professional Background
I have worked for more than 4 years in a nonprofit mental health clinic where I provided comprehensive and community-based care to clients facing various mental health challenges. My professional journey reflects a strong commitment to delivering high-quality therapy, promoting mental health awareness, and providing valuable support to clients and colleagues alike. My overall professional experience as a Marriage and Family Therapist showcases my dedication to helping individuals, couples, and families cope with their challenges, promoting effective communication, and providing valuable support and guidance throughout their therapeutic journey.
Education, Training, and Certifications
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from Stony Brook University
- Master of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy from Iona University
- Trauma Systems Therapy
Outside of therapy, I enjoy exploring my city, hunting for the best slice of pizza or best burger spot. I believe sharing a meal connects us in so many ways. I value my quality time with friends and family as well as taking time for my own self care!