My work is solutions oriented and focused on (1) individuals diagnosed with OCD/ADHD/Trichotillomania/
My Professional Background
As a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist my experience includes nearly a decade of working with dual diagnosis clients using evidence based practices. My theoretical orientation includes specialization in Exposure Response Prevention (ERP) and Habit Reversal Training (HRT) for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Trichotillomania, Tics, Excoriation Disorder, and Hoarding. Other therapeutic skills include Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Motivational Interviewing (MI), Written Exposure Therapy (WET), Positive Psychology and Solutions Focused Therapy (SFT). I am a Certified Level One Solutions Focused Therapist and completed the Level One Gottman Method for Couples Counseling.
My style is collaborative, client centered, and culturally sensitive.
Education, Training, and Certifications
- Golden Gate University (MA, Marriage and Family Therapy/Industrial and Organizational Psychology)
- JFK University (BA, Philosophy and Religion)
- Gottman Method (Level One)
- Clinical Fellow, AAMFT
- Certified DBT Professional (C-DBT)
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional Level 2 (CCTP-II)
- Solutions Focused Therapy (SFT)
- Radically open DBT for Eating Disorders
- Written Exposure Therapy (WET)
Pet parent with 2 pups and fan of Ethiopian and Swedish cuisine.