My work is solutions oriented and focused on (1) women diagnosed with ADHD experiencing unhelpful thinking as a result of experiences struggling with executive functioning (2) families raising children with ADHD needing support in resolving concerns and strengthening positive relationships at home, and (3) family therapy for adult children experiencing “failure to launch” and diminished autonomy from their parents who are motivated to achieve independence.
My Professional Background
As a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist my experience includes nearly a decade of working with dual diagnosis clients using evidence based practices. My theoretical orientation include Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Motivational Interviewing (MI), Positive Psychology and Solutions Focused Therapy (SFT). I am a Certified Level One Solutions Focused Therapist and completed the Level One Gottman Method for Couples Counseling. My style is collaborative, client centered, and culturally sensitive.
Education, Training, and Certifications
- Golden Gate University (MA, Marriage and Family Therapy/Industrial and Organizational Psychology)
- JFK University (BA, Philosophy and Religion)
- Gottman Method (Level One)
- Solutions Focused Therapy (SFT)
- Certified DBT Professional (C-DBT)
- Radically open DBT for Eating Disorders
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional
Pet parent with 2 pups and fan of Ethiopian and Swedish cuisine.