Everyone can benefit from counseling. Everyone deserves a space dedicated to their needs, and someone who not only hears you but will listen. You no longer need to go through life’s various struggles alone. My goal is to empower clients to recognize their personal strengths and assist them in making healthy choices within their lives.
My Professional Background
I have experience working with a variety of individuals, adolescents and adults, utilizing a variety of approaches. I have special training in dialectical behavioral therapy and trauma-focused CBT. I am also trained in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). My specialty areas include depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, personality disorders, trauma, and PTSD. I also have extensive experience working with chronic, life long mental illness.
Education, Training, and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology, North Dakota State University
- Master of Arts, Counselor Education specializing in Mental Health Counseling, University of Central Florida
- Trained in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trained in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Additional training in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
In my free time, I enjoy spending time with family, friends, and my two dogs, Bella & Leia. I love traveling and experiencing new places. My favorite place I have been is easily Australia. I also love spending time on the lake, binge watching reality TV, and rewatching Friends episodes.