Seeking therapy is a huge step. My aim in therapy is to provide my clients with a safe space to be seen and heard which can seem challenging in today’s world. I believe in providing a kind, empathetic, non-judgmental approach to therapy where clients can feel empowered and supported in their healing journey.
I am committed to working collaboratively with my clients. In my clinical work I use cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), person-centered therapy, strength-based approaches, solution focused techniques, and trauma informed care. I also believe in incorporating an eclectic approach to therapy to meet the individual needs of each one of my clients. I have worked with individuals to address a variety of life challenges including but not limited to anxiety, depression, self-esteem, trauma, stress, crisis intervention, grief, life transitions, domestic violence, family violence, and relationships.
My Professional Background
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the state of Texas. I obtained my bachelor’s degree in psychology with a minor in Spanish from the University of Texas at San Antonio. I attended Texas A&M University-Commerce where I completed my Master of Science degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. My passion for helping others allowed me to discover that my calling in life was to support others in their healing journey. Additionally, I was motivated to pursue a career in counseling due to the gap of mental health services in the Hispanic community and the stigma surrounding therapy. My clinical experience includes working with adults, children, adolescents, couples, and families in a variety of settings. For the past few years, I have worked in an agency setting providing bilingual therapy to victims of domestic violence. My current focus is working with adult clients.
Education, Training, and Certifications
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with a Minor in Spanish – The University of Texas at San Antonio
- Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling – Texas A&M University, Commerce
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) ‘
- Improving Cultural Competency for Behavioral Health Professionals
- EMDR & Parts Work for Treating Complex Trauma: Somatic Techniques to Decrease Defensiveness and Facilitate Trauma Processing
- Mental Health Resource Awareness Program (M-RAP)
- Grief, Loss, and Domestic Violence
- Legal Protections for Victims of Crime
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Care Crisis Intervention
In my free time I love spending time with my family, friends, and my little (not so little) 50 lb. fur baby. I like exploring nearby cities and discovering my next favorite place to eat and shop. I enjoy traveling even if it’s just a weekend road trip!