As an integrative based Therapist, I honor the need for creating a safe, non judgmental partnership between myself and the client. By empathizing with, and validating the client’s feelings, the goal is to hold an open space to process emotions and thus promote healing. Together we can identify how each area of life can effect one’s self as a whole- mind, body, emotions and spirit. We will recognize strengths, barriers to success, and coping strategies to attain personalized goals that foster emotional wellness. By encouraging the client to be the intuitive guide in their own journey, therapeutic strategies can be individually tailored to offer resources for support throughout the client’s process of change.
My Professional Background
Licensed both in California and Georgia as a Clinical Social Worker, my focus is integrative (whole person) counseling through a strengths-based approach. Combining my education and experience, I have worked in non-profit and private sector agencies with children, teens, adults and families. Areas of support include anxiety, depression, grief, adoption and infertility, risk assessment (substance use/suicide/domestic violence), school system, community empowerment, equine facilitated therapy, christian counseling, Alzheimer’s, home-based services for children with special needs, elder care support, and client coaching.
Education, Training, and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Public and Social Services, Kennesaw State University, GA
- Master Of Social Work (MSW), The University of Georgia
- ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) for Anxiety, Depression, and Trauma
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) for Stress Management/Anxiety Reduction
- Equine and Pet Facilitated Psychotherapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- NSSI (Non-Suicidal Self-Injurious) Behaviors
- Suicide Risk Assessment and Intervention
- Self-Care Strategies; Solution Focused Therapy
- Burnout and Compassion Fatigue: Caring for the Carers
- Smoking Cessation Training
- Aromatherapy Certification
For fun and relaxation, I enjoy spending time outdoors, listening to live music, walking our rescue pup by the beach, and watching Michigan State Basketball games- Go Green! Quality time with friends and family is important to me, as relationships are what life is all about~ Values I strive to always emulate- kindness, gratitude, and love.