I see therapy as a journey to discover ways to handle life challenges, no matter how big or small. There is no one size fits all approach since we are all so unique. My approach uses multiple different therapy modalities to see what will be the best fit for you. On our journey together, I am hopeful that we can uncover the skills you already are using and add to them. We all thrive when we are listened to and feel understood so I hope to create a space where you feel welcomed and safe. I look forward to getting to know you!
My Professional Background
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the state of California. I started my work as a therapist in New York after obtaining my Masters Degree in Social Work from New York University. I have been working as a therapist in California for the last eight years. I have experience working with adults, adolescents, children, and families in a variety of settings including community non-profit agencies, in home and school settings. Over my career I have dedicated myself to ongoing study and have obtained training and certifications in several evidenced based treatment interventions. One of my primary goals is to work with you to improve your overall quality of life, and find the best treatment options for you!
Education, Training, and Certifications
- Bachelors of Science in Psychology Child-Life from Utica College of Syracuse University
- Masters of Social Work from New York University
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy Trainer of Trainers (PCIT)
- Crisis Oriented Recovery Services (CORS)
- Managing and Adapting Practice (MAP)
- Seeking Safety
- Professional Assault Crisis Training (Pro-ACT)
In my free time I enjoy hiking and exploring outdoors with my family. I have two rescue dogs that love to join in the fun!