I believe therapy is a collaborative healing process. My hope is to empower the individuals I work with to seek clarity and guidance on different strategies to alleviate any existing distress. I strive to instill confidence that each individual has the ability to heal themselves, and I am honored to be a resource in that journey. My approach highlights the client’s voice. I aim to be the best resource possible for my clients, and I seek to achieve that by providing a space where a fellow human can express the emotional impact of their experiences without fear of judgment, shame, or indignity. I feel privileged to be a part of your journey, and I look forward to watching you persevere through this current challenge.
My Professional Background
For the past 8 years, I have had the privilege of providing direct clinical services to economically disadvantaged adolescents in the public school system; children and families in the child protective system; families navigating the onset and existence of their child’s mental health symptoms; and unhoused adults experiencing mental health crises and substance misuse and abuse. Through my varied experiences in different treatment environments administering diversified service modalities, I have developed a steadfast investment in trauma-informed services and maintain the quality of the client’s treatment experience as my central focus.
Education, Training, and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science in Social Work – Texas Christian University
- Master of Social Work – Boston College Graduate School of Social Work
- Substance Use and Addiction Disorders
- Human Sexuality
- Suicide: Assessment, Treatment, and Management
- Child Abuse Assessment and Reporting
- Spousal Abuse Assessment and Reporting
- Aging and Long-Term Care
- California Law and Ethics
- California Cultures and the Social and Psychological Implications of Socioeconomic Position
- Therapeutic Options: Crisis Intervention and Prevention Strategies
- Intentional Peer Support Core Training
- Principal of Coach-Style Leadership
- Health Equity and Multicultural Diversity Competence Core Training Utilizing the California Brief Multicultural Competency Scale
During my free time, I thoroughly enjoy spending time in the sunshine with my puppy. I am also an avid sports fan, so I love to watch and attend sporting events whenever the opportunity arises. Go Dallas Cowboys and Go Sacramento Kings!