Therapy and change are hard work, but it doesn’t have to be scary, painful, or cold. I have worked in the mental health field for 11+ years and my goal is to help your journey to feeling better and be as productive and comfortable as possible. I believe that therapy is teamwork, and that together we can look at your life history and the reasons why you are having your feelings. Remember, no situation is too difficult to work on. Every person is unique, so I have been trained to develop a plan that fits your specific needs. I help those who have general depression, anxiety, addiction, or relationship issues to figure out a way to gain happiness and contentment.
My Professional Background
I started my career in a hospital setting as an intern followed by a Methadone Program helping clients with dual focused [mental health and substance abuse] issues. Briefly engaged with more severe cases of mental health issues under the Article 31 modality; however, I find the most joy working in an outpatient setting where together with my clients we can explore the deeper, subconscious forces that drive certain behaviors and discover ways to manage and overcome difficulties and challenges. It is very rewarding to see relationships flourish, and depression diminish.
Education, Training, and Certifications
- Bachelors from Brooklyn College
- Masters in Mental Health Counseling from Brooklyn College
- “Suicide for Survivors” certificate by TFRMF
- SBIRT [Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment] by UCLA
- “Motivational Interview” by TPII SHAMSHSA and NES Associates
- “Clinical Supervision Foundations” by ATTC
- “Intellectual Disability: Bipolar, Depressive Symptoms and Substance Use Related” by TFRMF
- “The Descend into Dementia: by TFRMF
I use the love of arts to draw inspiration to address my client’s issues in a creative way. I took art classes while in college and I placed my self-taught digital art designs on different products. I also engage in exercise and daily meditations to strengthen my spirituality, which assists me to make decisions with clarity. I believe a healthy mind, body, and spirit, is crucial to live a balanced and happy life.