I see therapy as safe space where the client can be the sole focus. The space we create is for them and about them. I use a combination of DBT, SFBT, ACT, and expressive therapies to create an environment that meets the unique needs of the client. We will work together to create action plans and build skills to create a future that does not feel overwhelming or out of reach.
I am intensely anti-racist and passionate about social justice, feminism, diversity, and inclusion.
My Professional Background
I am in the process of getting my masters of social work degree from the University of Denver with a concentration in mental health in trauma. I have spent most of my undergraduate and graduate career working with youth and young adults struggling with anxiety, depression, trauma, body image issues, eating disorders, and LGBTQ+ struggles. I also have experience working with high school students at risk for entering the juvenile justice system.
I practice a trauma-informed, person-centered approach where every client can feel understood and supported.
Education, Training, and Certifications
- Master of Social Work with a concentration in Mental Health and Trauma from the University of Denver
- Bachelor of Science in Human Development and Family Sciences from the Ohio State University
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Anti-Human Trafficking
- Power, Privilege, and Oppression
In my free time I love to hang out with my three dogs, Marco, Callie, and Georgia, swim, and explore new recipes.