It has been a joy to work as a therapist for the past 17 years. I have been witness to much resilience, strength, healing and growth. My passion is working with individuals, couples and families, helping them to feel supported and validated as they increase peace in their lives, resolve issues and manage stressors and symptoms while increasing coping skills.
My Professional Background
I have worked in the settings of residential mental health, outpatient mental health, psychiatric emergency department and as a school social worker. My work has included: completion of intake assessments, psychosocial assessments, evaluations, risk assessments, lethality assessments, treatment planning and crisis intervention for caseload of clients along with ongoing individual, group and family psychotherapy. I have provided parent-coaching, psycho-education and clinical interventions to target/treat mental health symptoms and diagnosis along with completion of necessary documentation in accordance with state and federal regulations and agency policies.
Education, Training, and Certifications
- Utah State University, Bachelor of Science in Social Work December 2001
- Eastern Washington University, Master of Social Work June 2004
- Certificate of Completion of Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Intensive Training March 2012
- Certificate of Completion for Trauma Training with Ricky Greenwald February 2010
- Certificate of Attendance for three-day intensive workshop with Michael White worth 21 Continuing Education hours on Narrative Therapy. March 17-19 2004 sponsored by the The School of Social Work and Eastern Washington University
I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, reading and spending time outdoors. At home you will catch me trying out new recipes and cuddling with one of our three kitties.