I am so glad you’re here! My name is Lina and I believe therapy is a sacred place where people can come to feel safe. Therapy is different for every person who “walks through my door.” I find it very important to meet clients where they are at and use modalities that fit within what clients need at each session. I encourage my clients to tell me when things are working and when they are not working when it comes to my therapeutic style. I am very passionate about helping people achieve their goals and feeling empowered.
My Professional Background
I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) in the state of New York. I earned my Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Medaille College. For the past four years I have been working in a community mental health agency treating individuals struggling with a variety of issues including: addiction, depression, anxiety, relationship issues, trauma/ abuse and more.
Education, Training, and Certifications
- Bachelor of Arts at Gettysburg College Majoring in Psychology
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Medaille College
- Certificate in Certified Clinical Trauma Professional: Two-Day Trauma Competency Conference
- Certificate in 2-Day: Certified Clinical Telemental Health Provider Training: A Therapist Guide for Ethical, Legal and Technology Concerns when Using Teletherapy
- Certificate in Complex PTSD Clinical Workshop: A Comprehensive Approach to Accurately Assess and Effectively Treat Clients with Chronic, Repeated and/or Developmental Trauma
I live in update NY with my black lab Ash! We love to go for walks when it’s not blizzarding outside! When I have free time I love to travel to new places- I am what people call a “Disney Adult” and love visiting whenever I can!