Psychotherapy is a process where you can talk about difficult life situations in a private, safe, and objective setting. I would be honored to listen while you process the struggles you’re having in life. Together we will build a therapeutic rapport as a foundation of our work together.
As a humbled witness to your life story and growth during our journey together, I will provide unconditional acceptance as we create a safe space for both of us to explore your relationships (especially relationship to self), attitudes, values, beliefs, and reactions that are negatively impacting your quality of life.
Additionally, I will help you conceptualize your fears, insecurities, doubts, and sense of loss as we work collaboratively to develop a plan of action to work through ambiguities and obstacles that hold you back from living a full life.
I will be a resource for information about holistic wellness (mind, body, soul) and as we move through the stages of treatment (our journey together ) I will serve as a guide to help you work through “stuck points” and find meaning for the challenges your experiencing.
From a place of mindfulness, gratitude, and self-compassion you will be better equipped to cope with life stressors and gain the confidence to make small changes in your life over time that are meaningful. I look forward to offering you support.
My Professional Background
I am licensed in the state of New York as a Clinical Social Worker. I offer virtual Telehealth services for adult participants residing in New York State. I have several years of experience in child welfare working with at-risk children and families in their homes. I conducted individual and group therapy for adults in outpatient addictions treatment and worked with adult participants for individual therapy in outpatient mental health treatment. I have more than 2 years offering Telehealth therapy.
Education, Training, and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, concentration in finance. Minor in African-American Studies – State University at Brockport
- Master of Social Work, concentration in Children and Youth – University at Buffalo.
- Certificate in Trauma-Informed Counseling – University at Buffalo
- Certificate in Addiction Counseling – Monroe Community College
- Integrated Recovery for Co-occurring Disorders – 28CR Hazelden Betty Ford
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – Essentials, Depression, Anxiety. Beck Institute
- Motivational Interviewing – Psychwire: Miller, Moyers, Rollnick
- Introduction to Telemental Health Theory and Practice- Telebehavioral Health Institute.
I enjoy Bible Study, Netflix-Documentaries on history, education, animals, mysteries, YouTube videos on comedy, recipes, hair care, skill building, meditations; and nature gawking at flowers, birds, squirrels, zoos, parks, and sanctuaries. I also enjoy going to the movie theatre and out to eat with friends and family.