I believe in developing a strong therapeutic alliance and ensuring my clients feel comfortable and supported. My counseling style is warm, patient, strength based, and open-minded. My aim is to guide you to find power within to achieve your goals and learn about yourself. I am person-centered, trauma informed, and knowledgeable of a variety of treatment modalities. I function from an eclectic model to ensure I meet my client’s needs.
My Professional Background
I am a licensed mental health counselor with over 10 years of experience providing individual, family, and group therapy. I am well versed in working with diverse populations in a variety of settings ( community, office, telehealth). I am trained in trauma treatment ( TF-CBT, Progressive Counting, and Cognitive Processing Therapy), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Behavioral Therapy, and Mindfulness. I have extensive experience supporting parents and treating children, adolescents, and young adults.
Education, Training, and Certifications
- SUNY Oswego (Oswego, NY) – Bachelor of Arts in Broadcasting and Mass Communications
- Canisius College (Buffalo, NY)- Master of Science in Mental Health Counseling
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Integrating Expressive Arts in Trauma Treatment
- Mindfulness and Mindfulness Meditation for Stress Reduction
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (PTSD Treatment)
- Certified in Progressive Counting (Trauma Treatment)
- Functional Analysis and Treatment of Severe Behavior Disorders
I am mom of two little ones who keep me on my toes. I love going for walks, coffee, and taking in nature. I enjoy traveling and spending time with my family. My favorite place on earth is the beach.