I work with individuals, couples and families experiencing a variety of mental health issues, including addiction, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, LGBTQ+ issues, and relationship concerns. Dialectical (DBT) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) are my primary treatment approaches, but I use a number of other evidence-based therapies depending on your specific needs, values and hopes. I believe in a strong mind-body-spirit connection and encourage healthy lifestyle habits for optimal mental health.
My Professional Background
I am a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor and supervisor with over 13 years of experience providing support to individuals, couples and families. I received my B.A. in English and Social Work from Western Michigan University and M.A. in Counseling Psychology. During my doctoral studies at Boise State University I focused on the treatment of Eating Disorders as well as Counselor Education and Supervision.
I have been a long-time researcher, directed large agencies, taught grad school, supervised interns and new therapists, published numerous psychology articles, and practiced in multiple states! I’ve worked in both inpatient and outpatient settings, and have been in group private practice for the last 7 years. I am currently licensed in California, Colorado, Idaho, Utah, Montana, Alaska and Washington.
Education, Training, and Certifications
- Western Michigan University, BA, English + Social Work
- Western Michigan University, MA, Counseling Psychology
- Boise State University, Doctoral Studies, Counselor Education + Supervision
- The Conscious Couple Program
- Advanced Registered Supervisor
- Master Sexologist Certification
- Gottman Method Level 2 Marriage Therapist
- Certified Eating Disorder Specialist
- Advanced DBT Skills Training
- Music Therapy for Eating Disorders
- Movement Therapy for Eating Disorders
- Art Therapy for Mental Health
- Trauma-Informed Therapy Approaches
- Parenting with Love and Limits Facilitator: Evidence-Based Treatment for Families
I am all about work-fun balance and believe in the power of a living room dance party! I am a music lover, animal advocate, adventure junkie, BLM ally and avid hand-washer. I split my time between California and Idaho and my biggest dream is to have a small urban farm.