Each individual brings their own individualized goals to the therapeutic platform and I aim to capitalize on their unique strengths to collaboratively problem solve challenges in order to obtain healing and wholeness. Tailoring my counseling modality to the individual’s needs is an approach I value and I commit to building a safe and trusting dynamic throughout the therapy process. I believe that promoting connection within the therapeutic relationship are the building blocks for positive outcomes and I am dedicated to fostering this foundation through compassion and careful challenge in each person’s recovery journey.
My Professional Background
My experience working in multiple treatment settings, such as outpatient, partial hospitalization and residential throughout NYS as both a clinician and supervisor has helped widen my counseling scope and prepared me for assisting various personal struggles. My specialty interests lie in substance abuse, eating disorders, mood and anxiety challenges, life transitions, sports performance, and relational/family conflict. I am focused on attending trainings to ensure I am meeting the needs of all individuals I am honored to work with.
Education, Training, and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology with a Minor in Human Development and Family Studies at Pennsylvania State University.
- Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at the University of Rochester
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Family Based Treatment (FBT) for Eating Disorders
- Motivation Interviewing Advanced Mindfulness: The Art and Science of Self-Compassion – PESI
- Experiential Approaches with Anger and Grief in Chemical Dependency Treatment
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy
I am a pizza and bagel enthusiast from the NYC area, constantly seeking the perfect breakfast sandwich and slice of heaven in Rochester, NY. Outside of my food interests, I enjoy being around my lovely friends and family, anywhere from exploring a new Netflix series, being outdoors, or traveling internationally. Whatever my day may hold, I look forward to spending time with my cat, Kitten.